top of page

Our History:


On October 22, 1913 the Black Creek Baptist Association (BCBA) was organized at Sunnyside (now Penny Farms), with six churches in membership and 18 Messengers present. Those six churches were Black Creek, Black Pond, Evergreen, Hickory Grove, Highland, and Salem. In 1914 four new churches were received into the Association, making a total of 10 churches and 490 members.


Between 1914 and 1980, more churches were added, office space was rented, and a part-time Secretary was hired. At the end of 1980, the Annual Foreign Mission Rally began.


In June 1981 one acre of property was purchased at 384 Logan Avenue to build a permanent Association office. Groundbreaking for the new building was August 17, 1981. 27 people from 10 churches, including 9 pastors and the builder were present to celebrate this monumental day as the BCBA moved forward in better reaching our community for Jesus Christ. On October 29, the BCBA became incorporated. The new building was completed and opened November 17.


In 1985 The Director of Missions position became a full-time position. Since then, the BCBA has seen a number of Director of Missions and Administrators who have all worked to assist our churches in being better equipped to reach the community for the Kingdom.


The BCBA has developed ministries in the community and abroad, working with local churches, to serve and further the Gospel of Jesus Christ.


As we continue through the year, the Lord will use our resources to grow what ministries exist and to develop more opportunities to spread His Word.

bottom of page